When a new client comes to us as Corrective Lifestyle Fitness we walk through a series of steps so we can best understand what you need and how to work with you.
|Step 1||Fill out all of the necessary forms (Subjective, Objective and Medical forms)|
|Step 2||Take Body Composition measurements – A starting benchmark for body weight measurements. This will help you track your progress.|
|Step 3||Perform a Static and Dynamic Postural Assessment – Checks for all muscle imbalances which could lead to causes of pain and discomfort. This is what we start to fix first.
|Step 4||Preform a Cardio-Respiratory Assessments to find out your Heart Rate Information and baseline.
|Final Step||Put together a comprehensive workout plan (long term and short term goals) tailored for your specific goals whether they be corrective, general workout, fat loss, gain lean mass or athletic goals.|
We do all of this using NASM’s Optimum Performance Training Model – or OPT™. It’s one of the fitness industry’s first training systems based on evidence and scientific principles, helping us as personal trainers create a customized workout for you! Each phase is typically 4-6 weeks in length. We progress through the listed phases based on your personal objectives as well as your physical, neuromuscular and skeletal adaptations (your progression towards your goals).
Here are the phases broken down
- Phase 1 – Stabilization-Endurance – (Building a strong core and removing muscle imbalances that cause pain and discomfort)
- Phase 2 – Strength-Endurance – Gym workout’s using (Body weight, TRX, Gym Equipment, Resistance Bands, etc.)
- Phase 3- Strength-Hypertrophy (Optional Stage) – This stage is for individuals that wish to build lean mass and put on muscle.
- Phase 4 – Maximal-Strength (Optional Stage) – We work on your maximal strength by increasing the load of the weights towards your (1RM) 1 Rep max.
- Phase 5 – Power (Optional Stage) – This would be for athlete’s that are interested in explosive movements as fast as they can safely move for every day athletic functions (Basketball, Football, Baseball, Soccer, etc)