When you hire a certified personal trainer you are not just purchasing their physical presence and guidance through your workouts but also their education, experience, knowledge and expertise with program development and design.
The human body is a very complex and fascinating machine. Our bodies skeletal system consists of 206 bones and has more than 650 muscles. Knowing how to recruit the correct muscles by using proper form is critical to avoiding injury to one of these areas.
Certified personal trainers through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) have been educated in the areas of Exercise, Anatomy, Muscular Dysfunction, Complex Scientific Principles, Flexibility, Cardiorespiratory, Core, Balance, Power, and Strength and therefore, are uniquely qualified to help you achieve your personal fitness goals as safely and quickly as possible.
NASM certified personal trainers have also been trained in CPR & AED and are also required to hold a current CPR/AED certification. They are continuously re-educating themselves to make sure they kept up to date with the latest and greatest fitness programs, exercises, and techniques.
A certified personal trainer can do the following for you:
- Provide an initial static and dynamic fitness assessment to find muscle imbalances
- Provide a Cardiorespiratory assessment to establish your cardio baseline
- Help you set safe, realistic and measurable goals and keep you accountable
- Create an enjoyable but yet challenging exercise environment
- Teach you proper stretching techniques to improve flexibility and range of motion
- Show you how to warm up and cool down so you can prevent the risk of injury
- Educate you on proper form and technique so that you use full range of motion
- Ensure you achieve and maintain proper workout intensity target heart rate for burning those calories so you can lose weight
- Assist you with exercise recovery
- Keep you up to date on the latest fitness trends, programs and exercises
- Meet with you weekly to reassess your progression and make adjustments to your program as needed